Shire are currently supporting a specialist client with the recruitment of a Speech and Language Therapist. The client supports children and young people within specialist educational settings which are catered for learners who present with Learning Disabilities and Autism. The successful applicant will be expected to cover two locations in East Sussex.
The client will consider both full and part time applicants and due to the nature of the setting, this is a term time only position. This role is suitable for both band 5 and band 6 Speech and Language Therapists.
The ideal candidate will have experience of working with young people with a variety of presentations within an educational setting. It is essential that applicants hold a relevant Speech and Language Therapy qualification and are registered with the HCPC.
The salary is negotiable, dependant on experience.
Key duties and responsibilities:
- Working collaboratively and communicating effectively with other members of the multi-disciplinary team
- Managing caseload effectively and independently by prioritising clinical work and learner related activities
- Maintaining accurate and informative case notes and ensuring all reports are written in a timely manner
- Conducting assessments, diagnosing and formulating treatment plans for a variety of communication issues
- Enable learners to fulfil their potential and enhance their quality of life
- Free healthcare cash plan which allows employees to claim back on dental and health costs
- Access to discounts on gym memberships, cinema, wellbeing and health costs
- Training, qualifications and career development costs covered
- Opportunities to progress into more senior positions within the organisation
- A focus on employee mental health which includes a free counselling, wellbeing drop-in service and occupational health sessions
If you are interested in discussing this opportunity in more detail, please do apply ASAP.
Not for you? If you are registered with Shire and recommend a friend, family member or colleague, you will be eligible for a cash bonus payment!
Reference ID: SLT/ES/182
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £26,000.00-£35,000.00 per year