Shire Healthcare are currently supporting a client with the recruitment of a Speech and Language Therapist on a permanent basis. The successful candidate will work in a specialist school and college which supports children and young people with a variety of presentations. These include Autistic spectrum disorders, complex developmental, neurodegenerative, acquired needs and epilepsy.
The client can consider newly qualified, experienced band 5 and band 6 applicants.
The successful Speech and Language Therapist will benefit from working as part of small friendly team comprising of SALT assistants, SALT’s and a Lead SALT. An AAC technician also forms part of the team.
This is a full-time, term-time only position.
- Assessing the communication needs of students and formulating interventions to support their education and everyday life
- Managing a caseload of children and young people
- Conducting 1:1 and group therapy
- Designing and delivering training programmes to the wider team
- Working as part of a multi-disciplinary team which includes other professions such as Physiotherapists, Occupational Therapists, Psychologists and Speech and Language Therapists
The ideal candidate:
- Qualified in Speech and Language Therapy
- HCPC registered and registered member of the RCSLT
- Experience in paediatrics, acquired disorders or learning disabilities
- Dysphagia trained (desirable)
If you are interested in finding out more about this opportunity, apply now to discuss with a consultant!
Reference ID: 436
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £24,000.00-£37,000.00 per year