Shire are currently supporting a nationwide client with the recruitment of a Speech and Language Therapist for schools based in Lancashire. This is a full time, 40 hour per week position during term time. The successful Speech and Language Therapist will be expected to work within specialised environments which support young people aged 5-19 with special educational needs.
The responsibilities of the Speech and Language Therapist will include:
- Facilitating thorough communication assessments of all pupils
- Conducting screening assessments for prospective new students. These may take place in external school or residential settings
- To deliver and assist in developing staff training
- Playing a key role in the development, implementation, delivery and review of personalised communication programmes
- Providing written guidelines which can be delivered by others
The successful Speech and language therapist will meet the following the criteria:
- Experience of working with children or young people with SEND/SEMH
- Knowledge of a range of therapy interventions relating to SEMH
- To hold a professional Speech and Language Therapy degree or equivalent and be a registered member of the RCSLT and HCPC
- The ability to identify the needs of children and young people through assessments and the implementation of integrated therapy plans.
If you are a qualified Speech and language Therapist and wish to discuss this role in more detail, please apply immediately or contact Shire to speak to a specialist consultant.
Reference ID: SLT/LAN/133
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £35,000.00 per year