Shire Healthcare are currently sourcing a band 5 Speech and Language Therapist for a permanent position based in Surrey. Our client is a specialist provider of neurorehabilitation. The specialist site has the capacity to support 48 service users following acquired brain injuries, spinal injuries, neurological illness and stroke.
This is a full-time, permanent post although the client may also consider part-time applicants.
- Working as part of a multi-disciplinary team comprising of support workers, Occupational Therapists, Physiotherapists, Psychologists and Nurses.
- Participating in the key therapist/worker programme for the service users
- Managing a complex caseload of service users
- Assessing and treating of speech, language swallowing and associated cognitive communication disorders.
- Providing training and advice to colleagues, carers and families
The ideal candidate:
- Holds a relevant qualification in Speech and Language Therapy
- Registered with the HCPC
- Experienced in assessing and treating dysphagia
- Experience in assessing and treating service users with complex communication needs
- Experience and knowledge in a range of therapeutic interventions for clients requiring physical and neurorehabilitation and/or physical and learning difficulties.
Apply now to discuss this opportunity with one of our experienced consultants.
Reference ID: 471
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Permanent
Salary: £24,900.00-£30,600.00 per year