An exciting position is currently available with one of Shire Healthcare’s specialist clients in West Sussex. A Speech and Language Therapist is required for a part time (21 hours per week), permanent position within a neurorehabilitation setting that supports adults with acquired brain injuries.
- To work as an independent clinical professional with knowledge and skills, problem solving and clinical reasoning in a specialist area.
- To manage, with support and supervision, and prioritise a caseload of clients with complex mental/physical health needs and/or challenging behaviour
- To use evidence based/client centred principles and clinical reasoning to assess, plan, implement and evaluate intervention
- To formulate treatment plans in consultation with the client
- To carry out risk assessments relating to the client, client’s contacts and the environment formulating a plan of action
- To develop programmes of care, monitor, evaluate and modify treatment in order to measure – progress and ensure effectiveness of intervention
- Recognised Speech and Language Therapy Degree Qualification or Equivalent
- HPC and RCSLT registration
- Health Professions Council – Licence to Practice – Good time management
- Dysphagia Qualification
- Knowledge of assessment tools
- Experience of working collaboratively and co-operatively as part of a multi-disciplinary team
- Experience of working with young people and/or adults with ABI
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Good analytical and reflection skills
- Negotiation and problem solving skills
- Good organisational skills
If you are interested in exploring this role further, please apply below!
Reference ID: 289
Part-time hours: 21 per week
Job Types: Part-time, Permanent
Salary: £18,500.00 per year