Shire Healthcare are currently sourcing a Speech and Language Therapist for a vacancy based in Essex. The specialist client supports adults with acquired brain injuries, spinal cord injuries and who have suffered a stroke and present with swallowing, communication, and tracheostomy care needs.
The role is permanent – full-time although the client is willing to consider part-time applicants.
- Completing Speech and Language Therapy assessments for service users who form a complex neurological caseload.
- Working as part of a multi-disciplinary team including Speech and Language Therapy Assistants, Healthcare Assistants, and other Allied Healthcare Professionals.
- Providing support, training, and advice to members of the wider team regarding communication difficulties and swallowing disorders
- Providing a person-centred approach to therapy whilst prioritising safety, dignity and privacy.
- Ensuring all reports and documentation a completely accurately and in a timely manner.
The ideal Speech and Language Therapist:
- Holds a relevant Diploma/Degree in Speech and Language Therapy
- Registered with the HCPC.
- Experience of working with adults with complex needs.
- Experience of working within a similar setting previously.
- Experience of supporting client with swallowing and communication needs and tracheostomy care needs are desirable
If you are interested in exploring this opportunity further, please apply now to liaise with one of our consultants!
Reference ID: 532
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Permanent
Salary: £32,300.00 per year