Shire Healthcare are currently supporting a specialist client with the recruitment of a Speech and Language Therapist. The successful candidate will form part of a multi-disciplinary team within a neurorehabilitation setting. The role is split over two units with the first supporting clients with complex physical neurodisability and the second which supports clients with primary cognitive impairment and challenging behaviour.
This is a full-time, permanent position although the client may also be able to consider part-time applicants.
- Assessing communication and swallowing disorders
- Designing and implementing evidence-led programmes for patients
- Providing clinical supervision and informal mentoring of band 5 SALT’s and student placements
- Participating in the delivery of internal training
- Participating in service delivery audit and quality improvement initiatives
- Hold a recognised qualification in Speech and Language Therapy
- Registered with the HCPC
- Experience of working with cognitive communication disorder, aphasia, dysarthria, dysphagia and apraxia is required
- Experience in this specialist clinical area of neurorehabilitation
- Specialist level dysphagia competency on RCSLT framework
- A thorough induction programme tailored to the specific site
- Generous annual leave entitlement
- Sick pay of 4 weeks full pay and 4 weeks half pay
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
- Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
If you are interested in discussing this opportunity in more detail, apply now!
Reference ID: 442
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Permanent