Shire are currently supporting a specialist client based in Bedfordshire with the recruitment of a Speech and Language Therapist. The client supports adults with Learning Disabilities, Autism and mental health presentations within both locked rehabilitation and residential settings.
This is a full-time, permanent position.
The successful applicant will hold a Speech and Language Therapy qualification and be registered with the HCPC. A full UK driving license and access to their own vehicle is also essential as there will be an expectation to work at other local sites
The successful candidate will be expected to:
- Use standardised and non-standardised assessment tools in order to complete comprehensive assessments of individuals communication skills
- Devise a care pathway alongside the service user and their treatment team
- Provide support to the Speech and Language Therapist Assistants within the team
- Provide direct individual and group interventions to service users
- Implementing augmentative communication strategies which will include communication aids, signs and symbols
- Planning and delivering of specific training models to the wider clinical team
- 33 days holiday (including Bank Holidays)
- £1,000 referral bonus for Recommend a friend scheme
- Competitive salaries and free onsite parking
If you are interested in finding out more about the role, please apply below!
Reference ID: SLT/CAMB/198
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Permanent
Salary: £30,000.00-£35,000.00 per year