Shire Healthcare are currently supporting a nationwide client with the recruitment of a Speech and Language Therapist. The service provides short-term, high dependency locked rehabilitation and support for adults with mental health needs, Autism and learning disabilities. This role is suitable for existing band 5 or ambitious newly qualified Speech and Language Therapists.
- Working as part of a multi-disciplinary team comprising of Psychiatrists, Psychologists, Occupational Therapists and Nurses.
- Assessing, diagnosing and playing a key role in the management of adults with complex communication needs and behaviours that challenge.
- Supporting individual patients and people who work with the patients to promote functional communication systems and optimal independence
The ideal candidate:
- A degree in Speech and Language Therapy
- Experience or a keen interest in learning disabilities, Autism and mental health problems
- HCPC registered
- Understanding of Positive behaviour support
If you are interested in discussing the role further, please apply to discuss with an experienced consultant!
Reference ID: 388
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Permanent
Salary: £25,600.00-£33,400.00 per year