Shire Healthcare are currently sourcing a Senior Speech and Language Therapist for one of our specialist clients based in Lancashire. The successful Speech and Language Therapist will be responsible for the speech and language therapy provision across several services in the Northwest with the main hubs located in Lancaster/Preston.
This is a part-time permanent position at 30 hours per week. The role is also term-time only.
- Working as part of a multidisciplinary team comprising of Psychologists, Psychotherapists and Occupational Therapists.
- Supporting young people within the education and fostering sites
- Completing evidence-based assessments in order to understand the needs of the children and young people
- Delivering a range of interventions
- Creating communication profiles and contributing to placement plans
- Supervising junior staff and involvement in staff training
The ideal Speech and Language Therapist:
- Relevant Degree/Diploma in Speech and Language Therapy
- Registered with the HCPC
- Experience of working with young people with complex needs
Apply now to discuss this vacancy with one of our experienced consultants!
Part-time hours: 30 per week