Shire are now working in partnership with a leading provider of children services and have a permanent opportunity for a Senior Residential Children’s Worker based in Ashton-under-Lyne, Manchester. Our client is offering applicants a full-time position, 40 hours per week within a unique specialist service.
If successful, you will be working as part of a multi-disciplinary team providing support to children with EBD and challenging behaviour. This is a brand new home and they are looking to bring on a number of staff to support the home. Please note 24 hour shifts and sleep-ins are required for this post.
As a Senior Residential Children’s Worker your responsibilities will include:
- To attend staff meetings and supervisions.
- To be accountable for any decision made in regard to the welfare of the young people and staff members during the shifts that you lead.
- To discuss with the Manager any concerns with staffing matters.
- To ensure that all staff members are kept up to date with changes to procedures.
- Providing support with reference to person centred support plans.
- Safeguard vulnerable children and report any suspicion or evidence of harm
- Respect the confidentiality of information received at all times.
- Continuous commit to professional development
- To be willing to cover other homes when required
- Liaise with parents and/or carers and other professionals
Our client is offering a whole range of benefits, including:
- Enhanced overtime rate plus 28 days annual leave
- Enhanced disclosure costs
- NEST pension
- Free Parking
- Comfortable sleeping-in facilities
- Committed to the continuous development of all staff
Ideally applicants should have the following:
- Previous experience of working with young people
- Experience of successfully managing a small team of staff
- Hold NVQ Diploma level 3 in children’s workforce or equivalent
- Hold a Full UK drivers licence
Not for you? If you are registered with Shire and recommend a friend, family member or colleague, you will be eligible for a cash bonus payment!
Apply today for more information or to speak to a specialist Consultant
Reference ID: 423
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £23,840.00-£27,125.00 per hour