Shire are currently recruiting a Senior Occupational Therapist for a permanent position based in West Yorkshire. Our client is a leading provider of residential and community-based support for adults with acquired brain injuries, complex learning and physical disabilities. The successful Occupational Therapist will be expected to work within a residential setting which specifically focuses on the assessment and rehabilitation of adults with an acquired brain injury.
This is a part time position at 21 hours per week.
- Managing and prioritising a complex caseload of service users presenting with physical needs, mental health and challenging behaviour
- Providing specialist advice and information to the wider team and external agencies regarding complex discharge package of care
- Assessing and monitoring the provision for equipment and minor adaptations
- Supervising other members of the MDT, Occupational Therapy Assistants and Occupational Therapy students
- Formulating a plan of action through complex risk assessments which relate to the service user, their contact and the environment
- Working collaboratively with the service user, wider team and external agencies to establish agreed therapeutic goals for intervention
- Completed a Degree in Occupational Therapy and is registered with the HCPC
- Four years’ post-graduation experience
- Two years’ experience of working with service users presenting with neurological conditions or acquired brain injury
- Experience of working within a fast-paced, high pressure environment
- Proven experience of providing supervision to students and junior staff
- Experience of working with service users with challenging behaviour or within a secure setting are desirable
Apply today for more information or to speak to a specialist Consultant.
Not for you? If you are registered with Shire and recommend a friend, family member or colleague, you will be eligible for a cash bonus payment!
Reference ID: 215
Job Types: Part-time, Permanent
Salary: £21,560.00 per year