Shire are now working in partnership with a leading provider of children services and have a permanent opportunity for a Residential Children’s Worker based in Ilkeston. Our client is offering applicants a full-time position, 40 hours per week within a unique therapeutic service. Please note this role will include sleep-ins, this will be paid on top of your hourly rate.
If successful, you will be working as part of a multi-disciplinary team providing support to children with EBD and Challenging Behaviour within a children’s home. If you are looking for a genuine supportive employer please get in touch!
As a Residential Children’s Worker your responsibilities will include:
- Providing support with reference to person centred support plans.
- Support service users to maintain and develop relationships with friends and family.
- Encourage service users to integrate with the local community by attending clubs or day centres.
- Support people in all aspects of their daily living
- Safeguard vulnerable children and report any suspicion or evidence of harm
- Respect the confidentiality of information received at all times.
- Continuous commit to professional development
- To be willing to cover other homes when required
- Liaise with parents and/or carers and other professionals
Our client is offering a whole range of benefits, including:
- Enhanced overtime rate plus 28 days annual leave
- Enhanced disclosure costs
- Free Parking
- Comfortable sleeping-in facilities
- Committed to the continuous development of all staff
- Paid enrolment onto NVQ level 3
For more information about this vacancy please apply now!
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £19,250.00-£22,277.00 per year