Shire are currently looking to recruit a Qualified Residential Children’s Worker for a permanent position based in Audenshaw. The successful Residential Children’s Worker will be working in a 3 bedded residential setting which supports children and adolescents with Emotional Behavioural Disorder. This is a full time position working a variety of shifts which will include day and sleep in shifts.
Responsibilities of a Residential Children’s Worker :
– Providing basic care within a nurturing and therapeutic environment
– Encouraging the children to build meaning relationships
– Acting as a key worker for the children
– Providing the children with a role model
– Taking responsibility for maintaining the home
– Ensuring the children receive a balanced diet
– Attending meetings or social activities with the children
The successful candidate needs to have a driving license and access to their own vehicle. Applicants require an NVQ Level 3 in Health and Social Care (Children and Young People).
If you are interested in discussing this Qualified Residential Children’s Worker position, please get in touch ASAP