An exciting opportunity for a band 6 Occupational Therapist has become available with one of our clients! Within the specialist school in Leicestershire, the successful applicant will support pupils with Autism and social, emotional and mental health needs (SEMH).
This is a full-time, permanent position although the client will consider part-time applicants. Please note that 1 day per week may be spent in another local school. This is a term-time only position.
The salary ranges from £31,300-£37,900 (FTE).
- Planning, preparing, delivering and evaluating support programmes for pupils.
- Delivering Occupational Therapy and Sensory integration assessments and programmes to the students through collaborative work with other therapists, class and support staff through an MDT approach
- Delivering programmes of therapy tailored to pupils’ individual needs.
- Providing or contributing to oral and written assessments or reports.
- Maintaining detailed and up to date records of intervention.
- Maintaining up to date continuing professional development (CPD) and participate in clinical and management supervision
- Supervising students and therapy assistants if required.
· Degree or equivalent qualification in Occupational Therapy
· Registered Member of HCPC
· Experience of working in specialist educational settings is ideal and experience of working in paediatric occupational therapy as a student
· Demonstratable knowledge of the needs of children with Autism
· Knowledge and commitment to the safeguarding of children
· Sensory integrations skills/qualifications or a willingness to train
Not for you? If you are registered with Shire and recommend a friend, family member or colleague, you will be eligible for a cash bonus payment!
Apply today for more information or to speak to a member of our team
Reference ID: 329
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £31,300.00-£37,900.00 per year