An Occupational Therapist is currently required for a permanent position within a specialist school in North West London. Shire Healthcare are eager to speak to any Occupational Therapists who have experience of working within school settings previously to support our client with this recruitment drive. The school supports pupils who primarily present with speech, language and communication needs with physical and learning disabilities and other associated needs such as Autism.
The school supports primary and secondary school aged pupils which gives the successful Occupational Therapist the chance to observe the pupils grow as they develop through the curriculum.
This is a full-time, permanent post although the client may also consider part-time applicants.
The successful candidate will gain the support of other Occupational Therapists and the wider MDT. The client also offers continued professional development, competitive salaries and a generous 9 week annual leave package!
- Managing a caseload and delivering therapy to individuals and small groups
- Working collaboratively with the multi-disciplinary team which is made up of Speech and Language Therapists, Drama Therapists, Art Therapists, Occupational Therapist, Music Therapists and Physiotherapists
- Delivering training, providing clinical supervision and managing/supporting junior staff (if employed as band 6 or 7)
- Representing the department at meetings
- Completing accurate and timely reports
- Designing bespoke intervention packages for pupils
- Must hold a relevant degree or qualification in Occupational Therapy
- Hold current HCPC registration
- Experience and knowledge of Sensory Integration issues and creating Sensory Diets
- Experience of working with children within an educational setting
- Experience of working with children with Special Education Needs (SEN) and particularly with children with ASD
If you are interested in discussing this exciting opportunity in more detail, please apply below.
Reference ID: 428
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Permanent
Salary: £24,900.00-£44,500.00 per year