Our client, a specialist college that supports pupils aged 19-25, is currently recruiting an Occupational Therapist. The site supports pupils with moderate to profound learning disabilities and physical, sensory or communication disabilities.
This is a full-time, permanent position although the client may be able to consider part-time applicants.
The aim of the Occupational Therapy service within the college is to ensure pupils are able to access the curriculum and live independent lives once leaving the college.
- Completing assessments for new and existing students
- Creating, implementing and evaluating treatment plans/programmes
- Assessing the moving and handling requirements of students with complex needs
- Participating in the designing of specific projects
- Liaising with external agencies and professionals within health and social care
- Working as part of a multi-disciplinary team
- Liaising with students, cares, parents and other members of the MDT regarding sensitive topics
- Completed an Occupational Therapy degree
- Holds registration with the HCPC
- Full driver’s license and willingness to drive company vehicles
- Have a minimum of 2 years’ post-graduate clinical experience within a relevant field
- Knowledge of sensory integrations assessment and treatment
- Understanding of low and high tech aids and adaptations
If you are interested in exploring this exciting opportunity further, please apply now!
Reference ID: 446
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Permanent
Salary: £32,000.00-£46,000.00 per year