Shire Healthcare are currently sourcing an Occupational Therapist for a permanent position based in Surrey. The successful Occupational Therapist will work with children and young people in both school and college, as well as in an assessment centre managed by the organisation.
The organisation supports children and young people with a variety of presentations including Autism, moderate to severe disabilities and epilepsy.
This is a full-time position (37.5 hours).
- Assessing and treating students with a variety of complex needs
- Planning and delivering an occupational therapy service to a caseload of children and young people individually and in groups
- Developing treatment and intervention plans in collaboration with the students
- Assessing, prescribing and arranging the provision and installation of specialist equipment and adaptations
- Undertaking risk assessments in relation to equipment, moving and handling, and safety at home/in the care setting
- Developing and maintaining working relationships with clinical colleagues and external agencies
- Ensuring effective communication links patients, carers and relatives.
- Attending and contributing to department meetings relating to clinical caseload
This role is suitable for both band 5 and 6 Occupational Therapists and the hiring manager has specified that they are willing to consider newly qualified therapists.
If you are interested in exploring this role further, apply now to liaise with one of our experienced consultants.
Reference ID: 478
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Permanent
Salary: £26,100.00-£39,600.00 per year