Shire Healthcare are currently sourcing an Occupational Therapist for a permanent position covering a specialist school in Staffordshire. The successful Occupational Therapist will work in specialist schools but will be expected to support other schools, residential homes and fostering agencies in the local area.
This is a full-time, permanent position.
- Providing individual, specialist assessments
- Delivering informed interventions to meet the occupational, physical and sensory needs of the children and young people.
- Providing direct one-to-one sessions or group activities as part of the Education, Health and Care Plan (EHCP)
- Managing a caseload of children and young people with autism, developmental trauma, learning disabilities, and behaviours which challenge.
- Providing advice, information, and training to other members of the clinical and multi-professional teams
The ideal candidate:
- Holds a relevant Occupational Therapy Degree/diploma
- Registered with the HCPC.
- Has pre or post-graduate experience of working within the specialist client group.
- Experience of working within a multi-professional team.
- Postgraduate knowledge/training in Sensory Integration (desirable)
- Experience of teaching, training and professional/clinical supervision
If you are interested in discussing this role further, apply now to liaise with one of our specialist consultants!
Reference ID: 633
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £24,000.00-£35,000.00 per year