Shire Healthcare are currently supporting a specialist client within the neurorehabilitation field with the recruitment of an Occupational Therapist. The purpose-built centre provides care, support and rehabilitation to up to 16 adults with acquired brain injuries. This is based in Milton Keynes.
This a permanent position at 35 hours per week.
- Providing occupational therapy input in the assessment and treatment of our service users with complex physical, mental and emotional health needs
- Using evidence-based service user centred principles and clinical reasoning to assess, plan, implement and evaluate intervention
- Using your knowledge and skills, you will engage service users in the therapeutic process and discharge planning
- Liaising with internal and external professionals, family members and service users
- Working flexibly and creatively as an autonomous professional in a specialist clinical setting
- Participating in regular clinical supervision is also part of this role to reflect on clinical practice and clinical reasoning.
- Working as part of an inter-disciplinary team
- Contributing to the training, education and development of others when required
The ideal candidate:
- A degree in Occupational Therapy
- A minimum of 2 years post qualification experience
- Experience working within an in-patient/ residential setting
- Previous experience working in an interdisciplinary team
- Evidence of continuing professional development
If you are interested in exploring this opportunity further, apply today to speak to a specialist consultant!
Reference ID: 184
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: From £34,000.00 per year