A band 6 Occupational Therapist is currently required in Kent! Shire are supporting a specialist neuro-rehab client with the recruitment of a full-time (37.5 hours per week), permanent Occupational Therapist. Whilst the role is full-time, part-time candidate are welcome to apply.
The client supports adults with highly complex neurological conditions such as; head injuries, stroke, spinal injury and prolonged disorders of consciousness.
- To independently manage a caseload of patients with complex and highly complex neurological conditions requiring appropriate clinical reasoning.
- Taking responsibility for clients who are primarily under band 5 staff.
- To have experience and highly developed communication skills with clients who have altered consciousness, perception, expressive and receptive dysphasia, pain, sensation loss and visual defects.
- Fabricating and altering high standard splints to aid with upper limb positioning and management of neurological conditions.
- Ensuring that all clients within caseload have adequate seating and positioning assessments, protocols and risk assessments.
- Carrying out and complete home assessment, providing recommendations for safe home visits.
- Administering both standardised and non-standardised assessment to establish a level of physical, sensory, perceptual and cognitive functioning and assist in clinical diagnosis of complex conditions and aid with monitoring changes.
- Attending and actively participating in staff meetings and in-service training programmes.
- Actively participating in supervision, appraisal and in-house training
Contact a Shire consultant ASAP to discuss this vacancy further.
Alternatively, if you are aware of anyone who may be interested in this role, please forward on this information as we offer a referral bonus for all successful referrals!
Reference ID: 291
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £30,401.00-£37,267.00 per year