An exciting opportunity has become available with one of Shire Healthcare’s specialist clients in Wales. The client provides specialist care and support for people with complex needs and acquired brain injuries.
This is a part-time (18 hours per week), permanent position.
- Using your knowledge and skills, you will engage service users in the therapeutic process and discharge planning.
- Working as part of an inter-disciplinary team providing occupational therapy input in the assessment and treatment of our service users with complex physical, mental and emotional health need.
- Liaising with internal and external professionals, family members and service users
- Working flexibly and creatively as an autonomous professional in a specialist clinical setting.
- Actively participating in regular clinical supervision is also part of this role to reflect on clinical practice and clinical reasoning.
- Using evidence-based service user centred principles and clinical reasoning to assess, plan, implement and evaluate intervention in conjunction with other members of the interdisciplinary team.
- Working as an independent clinical professional with knowledge of skills, problem solving and clinical reasoning in a specialist area
- Contributing to the training, education and development of others when required.
- Supervising other members of staff, e.g. Occupational therapy assistants and Rehabilitation support workers in carrying out the occupational therapy programmes
The ideal candidate:
- A degree in Occupational Therapy
- Previous experience working in an interdisciplinary team A minimum of 2 years post qualification experience
- Experience working within an in-patient/ residential setting
- Experience supervising/training others is desirable
- A Valid UK driving licence is desirable
If you are interested in discussing the role further, please apply to discuss with an experienced consultant!
Reference ID: 386
Part-time hours: 18 per week
Job Types: Part-time, Permanent
Salary: £20,242.00 per year