Shire Healthcare are currently supporting an established client with the sourcing of an Occupational Therapist for one of their care homes in East London. After recently undergoing a refurbishment, the home has created a neuro-rehabilitation unit and require an Occupational Therapist with strong neuro experience to join the team.
This is a part-time, permanent position at 20 hours per week but the client has specified that they would consider full-time applicants. There is also the possibility of gradually increasing the working hour from part-time to full-time as the beds in the unit are filled.
- Assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating individual treatment plans
- Monitoring and supporting residents in terms of physical impairments, cognitive difficulties, daily living and functional abilities
- Identifying and sourcing specialist equipment
- Supporting and providing advice to relatives and carers in relation to the residents
- Promoting personal and social skills and leisure activities for the residents
- Leading therapeutic group sessions and supporting resident wellbeing programmes
- Conducting risk assessment and risk management plans
- Relevant degree or qualification in Occupational Therapy
- HCPC registered
- Experience of working within a specialist neurological setting
If you are interested in exploring this opportunity further, apply now to speak to a consultant.
Reference ID: 417
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Permanent
Salary: £38,800.00-£41,700.00 per year