Shire Healthcare are currently sourcing an Occupational Therapist for one of our clients based in Staffordshire. The successful Occupational Therapist will play a key role in a specialist neurological care and rehabilitation setting. Both band 5 and band 6 level candidates are welcome to apply.
This is a full-time permanent position.
- Providing support to people with a wide range of neurological conditions within complex care, neuro palliative, neurobehavioral and slow stream rehabilitation settings.
- Conducting assessment to promote service user independence.
- Providing treatment in 1:1 sessions, groups and joint sessions.
- Working as part of a multidisciplinary team comprising of Speech and Language Therapy, Physiotherapy, Music Therapy, Neuropsychology, Art Psychotherapy and Therapy Assistants
- Assessing equipment including specialist seating
- Conducting audits, service development and training/educational sessions to the wider team
The ideal candidate:
- Relevant Degree/Diploma in Occupational Therapy
- HCPC registered and BOAT membership.
- Experience within the field of neurology is desirable.
If you are interested in exploring this opportunity further, please apply now to liaise with one of our consultants!