Shire are currently supporting a leading UK Mobility Service with the recruitment of an Occupational Therapist. The service provides assessments to people with reduced mobility as a result of disability, age or illness.
This is a full-time, permanent position although the client would consider part-time applicants.
The role is suitable for both band 5 and 6 applicants and the salary ranges from £23,000-£38,000.
- Undertaking driving assessments including pre-drive cognitive, visual and physical tests.
- Assessing the needs of the service user in order to recommend the most suitable electric powered wheelchair or mobility scooter
- Undertaking car transfer, seating, posture and equipment loading assessments to advise the client on safest manual handling options
- Assisting driving school instructors by monitoring driving lessons and setting goals for learner drivers
- Liaising with external agencies to assess and arrange provision of appropriate equipment and adaptations to maximise client independence
- Diploma or Degree in Occupational Therapy
- Registered Member of HCPC
- Membership of BAOT/COT
- Driver with full driving license
- Experience of risk assessments
- Experience of assessing for and ordering/fitting/prescribing equipment and adaptations
- Experience with manual handling
Not for you? If you are registered with Shire and recommend a friend, family member or colleague, you will be eligible for a cash bonus payment!
Apply today for more information or to speak to a member of our team.
Reference ID: 335
Part-time hours: 22.5-30 per week
Job Types: Part-time, Permanent
Salary: £23,600.00-£38,000.00 per year