Shire Healthcare are currently sourcing an Occupational Therapist for one of our specialist mental health clients. The site itself caters to a wide range of service users with varying mental health needs. The successful Occupational Therapist will work within a locked rehabilitation unit which provides support to women diagnosed with personality disorders. The unit utilises a DBT model of care based on principles of recovery.
This is a full-time, permanent position although the client may consider part-time applicants, dependent on experience.
- Conducting assessments and providing treatment within the framework of the rehabilitation programme
- Monitoring, evaluating and amending the Occupational Therapy provision within the unit.
- Utilising a patient-centred approach to assessment, evaluation and intervention
- Providing direct line-management and supervision of a Technical Instructor
- Involvement in the MDT, case conferences, CPA, nurse handover and referral meetings
The ideal Occupational Therapist:
- Holds a relevant Occupational Therapy qualification
- Registered with the HCPC.
- Experience of or trained in DBT is desirable.
- Experience of supporting service users with mental health needs.
If you are interested in exploring this opportunity further, please apply to liaise with one of our experienced consultants!
Reference ID: 530
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Permanent
Salary: £26,000.00-£32,400.00 per year