Shire Healthcare are currently recruiting an Occupational Therapist for a permanent position based in two sites in Norfolk. One site is a locked rehabilitation hospital for women and the other is a locked rehabilitation service for men. Both sites provide rehabilitation focused treatment to service user with challenging behaviour/a history of offending with a diagnosis of ASD, personality disorders, mental illness or learning disabilities.
This is a full-time, permanent position although part-time applicants are welcome to apply.
- Working with patients on individualised plans of care, facilitating group sessions and 1:1 sessions
- Working as part of a large and supportive team of occupational therapists, teachers, occupational therapy assistants, technical instructors, a teaching assistant and speech and language therapists, will allow you to be actively encouraged to develop new ideas and innovative interventions that enhance patients’ skills development and social inclusion.
- Managing a complex caseload of service users presenting with mental health needs, ASD or learning disabilities
- Assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating intervention with other members of the clinical team
- Providing specialist advice to other members of the clinical team and external agencies
- Required to support other clinicians within our wider Therpay department, by undertaking training delivery and assesments at our linked cluster services in Norfolk
Applicants must hold a relevant Degree/Diploma in Occupational Therapy and registration with the HCPC. Candidates also require 2 years’ post-graduate experience.
The ideal candidate will have experience of supporting service users with mental health needs, learning disabilities or in a secure or forensic setting but this is not essential. Candidates with a strong interest to work with this client group will also be considered.
If you are interested in finding out more, apply now!
Reference ID: 572
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Permanent
Salary: Up to £30,000.00 per year