Shire Healthcare are currently sourcing an Occupational Therapist for one of our specialist clients based in South East London/Kent. The successful Occupational Therapist will work within the eating disorders ward of a specialist mental health hospital.
The site is a private acute psychiatric hospital for adults that provides care and treatment to service users with a variety of mental health presentations. There is both inpatient and day patient support provided.
The position is part-time (15 hours) and permanent.
- Identifying patient needs through assessments
- Planning and delivering interventions to patients individually or in groups
- Managing and overseeing unit programmes
- Attending multi-disciplinary meetings
- Writing up OT reports
- Developing and maintaining working relationships with clinical colleagues and external agencies
- Ensuring effective communication links patients, carers and relatives.
The ideal Occupational Therapist:
- Holds a relevant Occupational Therapy qualification
- Registered with the HCPC
- Ideally has previous experience in mental health
- A strong communicator and a flexible approach required.
If you are interested in exploring this role further, apply now to liaise with one of our experienced consultants.
Reference ID: 479
Part-time hours: 15 per week
Job Types: Part-time, Permanent
Salary: Up to £30,000.00 per year