Shire Healthcare are currently sourcing an Occupational Therapist for a permanent position based in Nottinghamshire. The successful Occupational Therapist will work within a specialist school supporting pupils with complex needs, ASD, language disorder, dyspraxia, sensory impairment, learning disabilities, challenging behaviour and developmental trauma.
This is a part-time permanent position at 22.5 hours per week.
- Managing a multi-disciplinary well-being and therapeutic team
- Working primarily in one site but also expected to support other schools, residential services, if required
- Managing a caseload of children and young people with a diagnosis or autism as well as complex and developmental trauma needs
- Maintaining and developing working relationships with professional and clinical colleagues and external agencies
The ideal candidate:
- Holds a relevant Occupational Therapy Degree/diploma
- Registered with the HCPC.
- Experience of working with this specialist client group.
- Experience of working in a range of settings e.g. CAHMS, LD
- Experience of teaching, training and supervision of other OT’s
- Experience of undertaking appraisal and planning CPD’s for less experienced staff
- Experience of audit and research
If you are interested in discussing this role further, apply now to liaise with one of our specialist consultants!
Reference ID: 643
Part-time hours: 22.5 per week
Job Types: Part-time, Permanent
Salary: £31,300.00-£33,100.00 per year