Shire are currently supporting a client based in Essex with the recruitment of Occupational Therapists for permanent positions. This is an exciting opportunity to join an organisation whose goal is to ensure service users have access to tools and information which will allow them to live independently with an improved quality of life, to allow them to exercise choice and control of their own lives whilst focusing on dignity, safety and quality of life.
The client is able to consider Occupational Therapists with full time or part time availability although the minimum amount of hours required is approximately 20 hours per week. There are requirements in several teams which will cover different geographical patches. The teams are split into the following areas:
- North Essex – Colchester and Clacton
- West Essex – Harlow, Epping and Saffron Walden
- South Essex – Basildon, Brentwood, Rochford and Castle Point
- Mid – Chelmsford, Braintree, Maldon
Within each location, there are vacancies in the following teams:
- Early intervention (adult) – this team focuses on prevention and aims to ensure service users are not admitted to hospital. Using knowledge of preventative techniques to foresee future needs and ensuring these are addressed as early as possible.
- Ongoing support (adult) – this team supports service users who require long-term support and the Occupational Therapist would focus more on reablement to improve quality of life.
- Learning Disabilities and Autism (adult)
- Mental Health (adult)
The successful Occupational Therapists will have:
- BSc in Occupational Therapy or Diploma of the College of Occupational Therapists
- Registration with the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC)
- A full UK driving license with access to their own vehicle – due to the nature of the patches, the OT will be expected to work within a variety of location in any given week/day
- An ability to work with a wide variety of people from various socio-economic backgrounds and ethnicities
- Strong communication skills with an ability to liaise and build rapport with other professionals, external agencies, service users and their families
The client is able to consider Occupational Therapists with a variety of backgrounds and experience so please do apply today to discuss these opportunities with a Shire consultant.
Reference ID: OT/ESS/186
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £31,000.00-£41,000.00 per year