We have an exciting opportunity for an Occupational Therapist based in Hertfordshire. Our client supports adults who suffer from a wide variety of severe and enduring mental illnesses within a 31 bedded, inpatient hospital. There are both temporary and permanent contracts currently available. Whilst this is a full-time requirement, part-time applicants are still welcome to apply.
The successful applicant will be working as part of a multi-disciplinary team who support adults with diagnoses of Schizophrenia, Psychosis and/or Personality Disorders. Experience of working with these presentations would be an advantage.
As an Occupational Therapist, you will be expected to:
- Work within a multidisciplinary team comprised of Psychiatrists, Occupational Therapists, Nurses, Psychologists, Art Therapists and Support Workers.
- Communicate effectively with patients, other professions within the multidisciplinary team and external agencies
- Work autonomously when required
- Provide supervision to junior staff (this will become part of the role)
- Must have a BSc or equivalent in Occupational Therapy and current HCPC registration
- Experience of working in mental health settings (desirable)
- Experience in both individual and group work in relation to the delivery of occupational therapy (desirable)
- Possess knowledge or risk assessment and management (desirable)
Apply today for more information.
Not for you? If you are registered with Shire and recommend a friend, family member or colleague, you will be eligible for a cash bonus payment!
Reference ID: OT/HER/157
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary, Permanent
Salary: £26,000.00-£30,000.00 per year