Shire Healthcare are currently sourcing an experienced Occupational Therapist for a Head of Occupational Therapy position based in County Durham. The successful Occupational Therapist will lead the Occupational Therapy team and support adults with complex mental health needs.
This is a full-time, permanent position.
- Ensuring the effective and efficient management of the Occupational Therapy team
- Providing clinical and managerial supervision, managing annual leave and sickness, completing Performance Development Reviews and running monthly meetings
- Undertaking Occupational Therapy assessments before planning and delivering interventions on an individual or group basis
- Writing up OT reports and attending multidisciplinary meetings
- Maintaining accurate and timely records regarding the rehabilitation and progress of each patient
- Developing successful working relationships with professional and clinical colleagues
The ideal Occupational Therapist:
- Holds a relevant Degree/Diploma in Occupational Therapy
- Registered with the HCPC
- Previous experience of working in a mental health setting (desirable)
If you are interested in discussing this role in more detail, apply now!