An exciting opportunity has become available for a permanent Community Support Worker based in Harrogate, North Yorkshire. We are looking for applicants that have experience of working within the care sector and ideally have experience of working within a similar setting. Although our client is able to offer on-going training and development, the successful applicant will need to hit the ground running!
If successful, you will be working within a supported living setting which provides support to adults with learning disabilities and complex care needs.
As a Community Support Worker your main responsibilities will include:
- Support people in accordance with their needs and wishes as detailed in their person centred support plans.
- Demonstrate a commitment to the Safeguarding of Adults and to recognise and report any disclosure, suspicion or evidence of harm, risk of harm, abuse or neglect.
- Accurately complete documentation that forms part of the their support plans and notes.
- Support the clients in staying active, healthy and as independent as possible.
- Attend training, including induction training, team meetings and individual supervisions.
- Support people in all aspects of their daily living, for example, shopping, cooking and domestic.
In return, our client is offering a whole host of benefits, including:
- Fully paid induction and training (NVQ level 2 and Level 3).
- Ample training and development opportunities.
- Pension scheme.
- Free meals.
- Excellent opportunities to progress within the organisation into Senior roles.
Not for you? If you are registered with Shire and recommend a friend, family member or colleague, you will be eligible for a cash bonus payment!
Apply today for more information or to speak to a member of our team.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Permanent
Salary: £10.00-£11.20 per hour